Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Life in blur


Been trying to write more these days, be it for my thesis or perhaps writing lyrics. Yet, I always stumbled to a very high wall every time my phone beeps or a whatsapp comes in regarding work, business or any other things. Apparently, I have too many things on my plate now.

Seriously, managing the food court business remotely is not an easy feat especially when the idea is very very new to a place. Hawker style food court concept is very much accepted in West Malaysia but in Sabah itself, let alone Tamparuli. Hmmmm it's truly a challenge. Now, I do understand why change is uncomfortable especially to Tamparuli people. Complacency and resistance. These are the two things that made change is almost impossible.

Truth is I think people need to travel more and see what is there beyond their own comfort zone and self proclaimed horizon. The possibilities has no limit. Your mindset set the limit. The younger minds are still easy to influence but the older ones. Hmmm. Unless they are willing to break down the resistance wall, they will most likely rot with their backwards brain while living their life. Not to mention with their sour attitude while handling technology like social media. Trust me, those who talk cock and share shitty stuff on social medias are all these kind of people.

Back to my source of annoyance. Change affects someone's comfort zone. The hawker style food court concept is new. The most simple example of their ignorance is the basic thing about collecting payment upon serving the food. And trust me the learning curve is so steep that they have not figured it out until now. I hope the revelation will come to them soon. Or else I have to step in (again).

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Joan,

I’m Ryan Fidelis from MullenLowe Malaysia, an advertising agency.

On behalf of my client Malaysia Airports Holding Berhad, they have a website under their roof which is http://flyklia.com/ (FlyKLIA.com). It is a social network for travelers.

Just to inform, one of the features on the website is that it has curated content on destinations around Malaysia and also overseas. Nevertheless, we are very interested in featuring your article on A Beginner's Guide to Attending Hari Kebangsaan Celebration dated 29th August 2016.

We will feature your name on the website article once permission is granted from your end.
Hope to hear from you soon and please do not hesitate to contact me if there are any queries at Ryan.Fidelis@mullenlowe.com.

Thank you,

Ryan Yushairie Fidelis
Brand Executive
Suite 12.01, level 12, South Wing, Menara OBYU, 4, Jalan PJU 8/8A, Bandar Damansara Perdana, Petaling Jaya, 47820, Selangor, Malaysia
O. +60 3 7801 6000 M. 017 7366506
malaysia.mullenlowe.com