Tuesday, November 28, 2006

What is there in a picture?

Holidays now. Term break. Next month back to Penang to finish up my final sem. After that, ...let the story unfold by itself. Plans are there but am too scared to tell. Not to mention even carryin it out.

Been browsing through the net seeing pictures of people located in different place. Especially on friendster and other sites which people can upload their pics. I am just so curious on what lies behind those smiles those people flashed on the pics. Especially those who are abroad.

Malaysian abroad. either studying or working.

One of my friend said the travels and sight-seeing that they went is the only consolation that they had while abroad. Apart from the priceless experience and memories that no one could exchange with money. Life abroad is not as easy as one may have thought. I think it is quite true also la.A lot of challenges and culture differences. Not too mention the financial problem that one may face. (but for the well paid job and students with hefty sum of financial support, these wouldnt be a problem)

Hmmm...there are pros and cons la. I am proud to have lived and experienced my life in our local soil for 21 years. Somehow, I still felt like a loser compared to those who have seen the world. I just wanted to see more of the world

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi teacher. Hope u dun mind me calling u that. just that i am not used 2 calling another name. i felt disrespect. so, i agree too that going out will be a great way 2 enhance experince. I really look forward when i have the money and the guts 2 backpack 2 a foreign country alone. haha. good luck. keep in touch

pinolobu said...

I was abroad for a few yrs studying. It was the most amazing experience of my life. My conclusion: risky, but more good than bad. I'd recommend it even to my daughter.