Monday, May 19, 2014

Rainy days are here

It was a rainy weekend. And it continued to be very wet today as well. How did your weekend go?

Mine was very productive I must say. I have been planning to bring my grandma to go out and "jalan-jalan" in KK. She mostly stay at home all the time and I seldom get to see her too since she is not living with us.

My grandma used to have a fruit stall at the Pasar Besar Kota Kinabalu. And me and my sisters as well as cousins call her Nenek KK. I remember fetching her home using my dad's old car. She had her business for a very long time until she had to retire because age is catching up on her. It has been more than 10 years since she retired and I guess it had been that long since she had visited her former workplace.


Since it was Mother's Day two weeks ago, so I think it's best to bring her jalan-jalan. Sometimes my uncle will bring her to KK but mostly in the evening. The view from Tamparuli to KK is different during the day. She get to see more things along the way.


I am so glad that she get to see some familiar faces there at the Pasar. Catching up with old friends although it was only for a while. I am happy to see my grandma's face lit up when she see her old friends. The funny thing when we first arrive at the Pasar is that she can't find her former gerai when we use the front door. My grandma insisted on using the usual way to her gerai in which using the back entrance ( from the pasar ikan side ). So cute!

And on Sunday, I needed my monthly dose of visit to this place. Hahaha. Do you know where is this?


Yea... Kaison! Suka bah jalan-jalan here even if there's nothing to buy. Saja! 

Oooh! I saw this at a bookshop in 1Borneo. I never thought that there is Harvest Festival cards. Hahaha. I am being very sakai, I just had to take this photo.


Ooh, and last Friday was also Teacher's day. I thought am not gonna get anything from my students. Maklum la cikgu garang. Ada pula juga. Hahaha. Thank you kids!



How was your weekend?

I am hoping for a productive week ahead.

No comments: