Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Snooze Time

Sharing about sleep hours.

I have been having sleep distruptions for almost two weeks. I don't know why I can't sleep (as in get a good quality sleep) lately. Despite the zumba sessions, I do feel tired but when it is time to sleep, the brain just won't stop working.

Last night, I had one of the most painful headache ever. It is more the spinning type. I guess all those sleepless and distrupted sleep nights are finally taking its toll on me.

So, I switched off all my devices (laptop, ipad, iphone), surround myself with complete silence and switched off the lights when I felt a hint of sleepiness. I don't care if it is way too early for my bedtime. Lights off, devices off, noise off. Heed the circadian cycle call.

I slept like a baby. I felt totally refreshed this morning.

Apart from having too much thinking done close to sleeping time, I find it's the technology that robs you off from your sleeping time usually. I hope I can keep this routine up.

1) Heed the circadian cycle ( there's a time when the body tells you to just go to sleep)
2) Switch off everything ( distractions are distruptions )
3) Relax your mind ( the brain just need to think about relaxing stuff )

Good quality sleep is essential to good health apart from working out everyday.


(also posted at joanmoo.zumba.com )



No comments: